Friday 17 October 2008

a peek inside the palace of versailles...






My spiritual home! And where my inspiration lived...

Simply stunning...

Feast your eyes.

Click here to see Versailles from the air!

And here to see a 360 degree panorama from ground level.

And here to see a 360 of Louis's bedchamber.

How I would love to have seen the interior full of the original furniture, decor and paintings, but alas that will never be possible as it was all destroyed during the Revolution...

The chateau at Fontainebleau, just outside Paris is also worth a look.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

so very beautiful.. love your inspiration.
xoxo nita

Wren Cottage said...

Wow!! What awesome links!!! I can see why you are so inspired with this beautiful place!!

A bird in the hand said...

I went there on a school trip many many years ago. Versailles and Fontainebleau. Malmaison was my favourite, though!

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG & PHOTOS.. I WILL BE STOPPING BY SOON... tHANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION & SUPPORT ON MY ROSES.
XOXOXO LAURA

Dreaming Woods said...

Helen,

I am glad i found your blog! I love to see "homes" of my readers and customers.

I have few vintage photographs from Versailles and i will send them for you with your order. I have also some Victorian souvenir cards from Paris, similar to this...

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7288825

i wonder would you want that i would send one or few of them for you?

Joy,
Delila